Seating Assessment and Prescription Workshops
The Leckey Seating Assessment and Prescription Workshops have been developed in response to feedback from our popular “KnowHow” courses. The workshops continue to be aimed at delivering evidence-based learning in postural care to clinicians. However, with a much stronger focus on the practical aspects of assessment, translating assessment into product characteristics, and actual product fitting using real cases, the concepts of assessment and prescribing appropriately are brought much more to life.
* To define the key “hands-on” assessment techniques and measurements
* Understand how various factors affect the prescription process and product characteristics
* To provide practical demonstration of assessment, prescription and product set-up
9.30am Theoretical presentation (1 hour)
10.30am Practical demonstration and product fitting 1
12.00pm Close of half day workshop
1.00pm Practical demonstration and product fitting 2
3.30pm Practical demonstration and product fitting 3
5.00pm Close of full day workshop
The workshops can be held in participants’ workplaces or an alternative suitable venue. The venue must be organised by the person requesting the workshop to take place.
* A minimum of 10 participants (these need not be all from the same discipline or team)
* One child/young person/adult with severe/complex needs who is having trouble being seating effectively in their current system and/or being considered for a moulded system. Consent must be obtained for them to undergo assessment and product fitting during the workshop.
Workshop desirable criteria
* Room large enough to comfortably host the number of participants with a suitable wall/surface for projecting presentation on to
* Double height-adjustable plinth for assessment
* 2-3 additional children/young people/adults with severe/complex needs who are having trouble being seating effectively in their current system and/or being considered for a moulded system. Consent must be obtained for them to undergo assessment and product fitting during the workshop.
There is no charge for the workshops. Leckey will provide appropriate support materials. Organisers are responsible for ensuring the the venue and workshop pre-requisites as above.
Who can attend?
The workshops are suitable for any healthcare professional or carer interested in learning about assessing, prescribing and setting up postural equipment for children, young people or adults with complex physical disabilities. Parents and carers of the children/young people/adults being assessed are more than welcome to attend.
The workshops are not formally accredited. However, by writing up reflective learning for a CPD log, participants will satisfy HPC and COT standards. http://www.cot.org.uk/Homepage/Professional_Development/CPD_and_ILOD/
A minimum of ten participants is required. Organisers are responsible for ensuring the venue is suitable for the number of anticipated participants.
If you are interested in setting up a Seating Assessment and Prescription Workshop there are 3 ways to go about it:
2. Contact Leckey’s Customer Services Representatives (028 9260 0750)
Please do not hesitate to use one of the 3 contact methods above, if you have any other questions which have not been addressed here.