The Leckey Freestander has been designed for used at home or in school for upright standing. The stander is available in three sizes catering for the needs of children with disabilities from the age of 1-17. The size one having a maximum user weight of 30kgs (66lbs), size two 60kgs (132lbs) and the size three 0kgs ( lbs). Standing can help the normal development of the hips, it will help promote muscle formation, and can help provide psychological well being.
1. Always read instructions fully before use.
2. To improve safety we recommend that users should not be left unattended at any time whilst using Leckey equipment.
3. Only use Leckey approved components with your product. Never modify the product in any way. Failure to follow instructions may put the user or carer at risk and will invalidate the warranty on the product.
4. If in any doubt to the continued safe use of your product or if any parts should fail, please cease using the product and contact our customer services department or local dealer as soon as possible.
5. We would recommend that users are never transferred straight from seating to standing without preparation and stretching. This is best done whilst lying on a mat but can be carried out in a wheelchair or seating system if required.
6. Carry out all positional adjustments and ensure that they are securely fastened before you put the user into this product.
7. When placing the user into a standing frame, for safety reasons, always secure the pelvic band first. The chest and knee straps should then be fastened.
8. When the product is stationary ensure that all castors are locked and facing away from the base as this will improve product stability.
9. Never adjust the overall height of the Freestander while the frame is in use. Other finer positional adjustments may be carried out safely when the user is in the frame.
10. Never leave the product on a sloping surface, greater than 5 degrees. Always remember to lock all the castors.
11. The product contains components which could present a choking hazard to small children. Always check that locking knobs and bolts within the child’s reach are tightened and secure at all times.
12. Leckey products comply with fire safety regulations in accordance with EN12182. However the product contains plastic components and therefore should be kept away from all direct sources of heat including naked flames, cigarettes, electric and gas heaters.
13. Do not place hot items on the tray greater than 40 degrees.
14. Clean the product regularly. Do not use abrasive cleaners. Carry out maintenance checks on a regular basis to ensure your product is in good working condition.
15 The product is designed for indoor use and when not in use should be stored in a dry place that is not subjected to extremes of temperature. The safe operating temperature range of the product is +5 to +40 deg Celsius.