Cleaning and Care Information
How to Maintain
1. Allowing the charge on the battery to rundown will shorten its life. It is advisable to charge the battery for at least one hour everyday. However if the powered actuator is not operating and you have checked that the handset is connected correctly you should stop using the product immediately and contact your local dealer.
2. At least once a week, check that all fixings and fastenings including the castors are in good condition.
3. The Leckey Prone/Supine Stander is manufactured from nylon coated metal, ABS plastic and plywood. When cleaning the frame we would recommend that you use warm water and a non-abrasive detergent.
4. When any parts of or accessories are no tin use, we would advise that you store then together in a safe place for future use.
5. If you are in any doubt as to the safe use of your Leckey Prone/Supine Stander please cease from using the product and contact your local dealer as soon as possible.
Upholstery and fabrics
1. The upholstery and fabrics can be cleaned by hand whilst in place. When cleaning we recommend that you use only warm water and a nonabrasive detergent.
2. The best cleaning method is a ‘wipe & dry’ technique.
3. Staining should be removed as quickly as possible with absorbent cloth, towels or a sponge. Routine soap and warm water sponging is effective for ordinary soiling and minor spills. Be careful not to over wet the fabric, as this will cause the staining to spread.
4 Antiseptic cleaning agents can be used on more stubborn stains. These may require a safe solvent such as Isopropyl Alcohol or Mineral Spirit. A half cup of household bleach to 5 litres of water can also be used as a useful disinfectant.
5 Always ensure the product is dry before use.
Metal and plastic and wooden components
1. Soap and water or antibacterial spray can be used for daily cleaning.
2. For deep cleaning a low pressure steam cleaner can be used.
3. Do not use solvents to clean plastic wooden or metal components.
4. Make sure the product is dry before use.
5. Check all wooden components regularly to ensure there are no cracks or splitters.