The Leckey Prone/Supine stander as indicated is for use in prone and supine standing but may also be used for upright standing. The Leckey Prone/Supine Stander is intended for children with disabilities such as cerebral palsy from age 4-18 years. The maximum user weight limit on
the size one Leckey Prone/Supine Stander is 50kg (110lbs) and the size two is 80kg (176lbs). Standing can help the normal development of the hips, it will help promote muscle formation, and can help provide psychological well being.
1. Always read instructions fully before use.
2. Users should not be left unattended at any time whilst using Leckey equipment.
3. Only use Leckey approved components with your product. Never modify the product in any way. Failure to follow instructions may put the user or carer at risk and will invalidate the warranty on the product.
4. If in any doubt to the continued safe use of your product or if any parts should fail, please cease using the product and contact our customer services department or local dealer as soon as possible.
5. Carry out all positional adjustments and ensure that they are securely fastened before you put the user into this product. Some adjustments may require the use of a tool which is provided with each product. Keep all tools out of reach of children.
6. When placing the user into the standing frame, for safety reasons,
always secure the user’s feet and the chest straps first. Then the hip and knee straps should be fastened.
7. When used in the supine position it is important to ensure the knee pad is fastened securely. Always check the clips are fully engaged.
8. Although the stander is fitted with casters it is not a mobility device. Always ensure that the castor brakes be locked at all times when the frame is in use, being adjusted or even just stored.
9. When adjusting the angle of the Leckey Prone/Supine Stander ensure that the user and all parts of the product are well clear of surrounding furnishings to avoid potential collisions.
10. It is not recommended to adjust the height of the back pad whilst the frame is in use and in vertical position. Other fine positional adjustments may be carried out safely when the user is in the frame. It is important to support all pads when adjusting them while the user is
in the product.
11. Never leave the product on a sloping surface, greater than 5 degrees. Always remember to lock all the castors.
12. The product contains components which could present a choking hazard to small children. Always check that locking knobs and bolts within the child’s reach are tightened and secure at all times.
13. Leckey products comply with fire safety regulations in accordance with EN12182. However the product contains plastic components and therefore should be kept away from all direct sources of heat including naked flames, cigarettes, electric and gas heaters.
14. Never place hot items on the Activity Tray as they may damage the plastic.
15. Clean the product regularly. Do not use abrasive cleaners. Carry out maintenance checks on a regular basis to ensure your product is in good working condition.
16. The product is designed for indoor use and when not in use should be stored in a dry place that is not subjected to extremes of temperature. The safe operating temperature range of the product is +5 to +40 deg Celsius.
17. The product has a battery power source. It complies with the requirements of BS EN 60601 Medical electrical
equipment – general requirements for safety. Please read and adhere to the guidelines on charging the battery detailed in How to Assemble.