The KIT Seating System is a seat that has been designed for use by adults and teenagers (from 12 years old) with disabilities, in the home, in day centres, in schools and outdoors, if used on a mobility base. The seating system has a maximum user weight of 75kg (165lbs). The seating system is modular and can be used with a choice of indoor or outdoor chassis. The Hi-low chassis has been designed for indoor use but can also be used outdoors on an even surface. The Hi-low chassis should never be exposed to the elements as this may corrode the metal components.
1. Always read instructions fully before use. A copy of these can be downloaded here.
2. Users should not be left unattended at any time while using Leckey equipment.
3. Only use Leckey approved components with your product. Never modify the product in any way. Failure to follow instructions may put the user or carer at risk and will invalidate the warranty on the product.
4. If in any doubt to the continued safe use of your product or if any parts should fail, please cease using the product and contact our customer services department or local dealer as soon as possible.
5. Carry out all positional adjustments and ensure that they are securely fastened before you put the user into this product. Some adjustments may require the use of a tool which is provided with each product. Keep all tools out of reach of children.
6. When placing the user into a seating system, for safety and positional reasons, always secure the Pelvic Cradle first.
7. When the product is stationary ensure that all wheels are locked and facing away from the base as this will improve product stability. This is especially important when the tilt in space or back recline facility is in use.
8. When the seat is in use on the Hi-low chassis we do not recommend that the users are moved over uneven surfaces when in the equipment. All due care and attention should be taken when transporting the user in and out of the seat.
9. Never leave the product on a sloping surface, greater than 5 degrees. Always remember to lock all the wheels.
10. Only use the push handles to steer and move the seat from one area to another. Never use the tray for this purpose.
11. The product contains components which could present a choking hazard to small children. Always check that locking knobs and bolts within the user’s reach are tightened and secure at all times.
12. Leckey products comply with fire safety regulations in accordance with EN12182. However the product contains plastic components and therefore should be kept away from all direct sources of heat including naked flames, cigarettes, electric and gas heaters.
13. Do not place hot items greater than 40º centigrade on the tray.
14. Clean the product regularly. Do not use abrasive cleaners. Carry out maintenance checks on a regular basis to ensure your product is in good working condition.
15. When the product is not in use, it should be stored in a dry place that is not subjected to extremes of temperature. The safe operating temperature range of the product is +5 to +40 degrees Celsius.
16. Always check the ratchet handles on the push handle are tightened securely before you move the seat unit.
17. Before using the seating system always check that the interface handle on the seat unit is fully engaged with the chassis and the locking pin is engaged. If the handle is not engaged properly, the seat unit may come loose and could cause serious injury to the user or carer.