Daily and Annual Product Inspection
There are some important checks that should be made every day before the child is placed into the Mygo seating system, and other checks that should be made on an annual basis.
Daily Product Inspection
(To be carried out by therapists, parents or carers)
- Ensure all adjustment knobs and bolts are in place and secure.
- Check all upholstery and Velcro for signs of wear and tear.
- Check all castors are moving freely and lock securely.
- Ensure the handle and locking pin on the seat interface plate is fully engaged and the seat unit is securely fixed onto the chassis.
- Ensure the pelvic harness is fully secured around the user and they cannot slide or creep forward in the seat.
- Ensure the footplate is attached securely.
If in any doubt about the continued safe use of your Leckey product or if any parts should fail, please cease using the product and contact our customer service department or your local dealer as soon as possible.
Annual Product Inspection
(To be carried out by therapists, technicians, Leckey Product Advisors or dealers)
Leckey recommend that each product shouldbe subject to a detailed inspection at least once a year and every time the product is reissued for use.
This inspection should be carried out by a technically competent person who has been trained in the use of
the product and should include the following checks as a minimum requirement.
1. Check all ratchet handles, knobs, nuts, bolts and plastic buckles are in place, replacing any missing items. Paying particular attention to the following items;
- Head support locking bolts
- Backrest height and angle
- Seat depth adjustment bolts
- Pelvic harness / hip guide attachment bolts
- Footrest height and angle adjustment
2. Check the chassis height adjustment mechanism is working properly. If the chassis is foot pedal operated ensure the seat height doesn’t change when the pedal is released. Also, check that the locking pin engages securely to prevent accidental height adjustment of the chassis.
3. Adjust the seat to its maximum range of tilt in space and ensure that the locking lever locks the seat out securely at varying point in this range.
4. Check that where the seat and chassis join there is no visible wear and tear on the metal components.
5. Lift the base to check each castor individually. Make sure they are moving freely and remove any dirt from the rubber wheels. Check that the brakes lock the wheels securely.
6. Visually check the structure of the product paying attention to weld points on the frame ensuring there are no signs of fatigue or cracking around the welds.
7. Leckey recommend that a written record is maintained of all annual product inspections.
If in any doubt to the continued safe use of your Leckey product or if any parts should fail, please cease using the product and contact our customer service department or your local dealer as soon as possible.