Daily & Annual Inspection
Daily Product Inspection
(Therapists, Parents & Carers)
We recommend that daily visual checks of the equipment are carried out by therapists, carers or parents to ensure the product is safe for use. The recommend daily checks are detailed below.
1. Ensure all adjustment knobs and bolts are in place and secure.
2. Check all upholstery for signs of wear and tear.
3. Check all wheels are moving freely and lock securely.
4. Check all Velcro strips and brush fluff to ensure straps secure firmly.
> Buckles and Velcro on pelvic bands, knee straps and wrap around lateral harnesses
> Hip, knee and chest height adjust and lock securely
> Contracture angle and secondary footplate angle adjust and lock securely
> Knee supports depth and width adjust and lock securely
> Head support locks securely
2. Lift the base to check each wheel individually. Make sure they are moving freely and remove any dirt from the rubber wheels. Check that the brakes lock the wheels securely.
3. Visually check the structure of the product ensuring there are no signs of fatigue or cracking around the welds.
4. Visually check the plastic parts of the product ensuring there are no signs of fatigue or cracking.
5. Leckey recommend that a written record is maintained of all annual product inspections.