Cleaning and Care Information
How to Maintain
When cleaning we recommend that you use only warm water and a non-abrasive detergent. Never use organic solvents or dry cleaning fluids.
Upholstery and Fabrics
Cleaning the Fabric (Manufacturer guidelines)
The most effective way to clean the fabric is by using warm water and a detergent, such as Fairy Liquid following the simple steps shown below:
1. Soak a cloth e.g. a J-cloth in warm water and wring out the excess liquid. (For body fluids e.g. blood, urine, use cold water).
2. Apply a small amount of detergent onto the cloth.
3. Clean the fabric paying particular attention to badly stained areas.
4. Apply the cloth to the fabric using a firm circular motion.
5. A nylon nailbrush can be used on more stubborn stains. This fabric is extremely durable and brushing it will not cause any damage.
6. Rinse off the surface of the fabric with warm water ensuring all soap residue is removed. This fabric is totally waterproof. Water will not penetrate the surface of the fabric and get through to the foam filling. However, care should be taken where there are stitch lines as liquid may seep through.
7. The fabric can then be either left to dry naturally or any excess surface moisture can be mopped up using paper towels.
8. Once the fabric has dried it is advisable to lightly brush the surface using a soft brush.
9. More stubborn stains can be removed using mineral spirit or isopropyl alcohol providing the area being cleaned off is washed with soap and water immediately afterwards. A half cup of household bleach to 5 litres of water can also be used as a useful disinfectant.
10. Chlorine based cleaning agents such as CHLOR-CLEAN or HAZ-TABS can be used to disinfect the product providing they do not contain more than 10% chlorine by volume.
11. When using a proprietary product it is important to follow the directions on the container.
12. Never use organic solvents such as dry cleaning fluids.
13. Always ensure the product is dry before use. As an alternative to the steps outlined above, alcohol wipes can be used as an effective means of cleaning to prevent cross infection.
Following independent testing excellent stain removal has been found for:
Simulated Vomit (Porridge), Simulated Vomit (Pureed Carrot), Orange Juice, Gravy, Toast/ Butter/Marmite, Tomato Sauce, Salad Cream/ Mayonnaise, Lipstick, Nail Varnish, Ball Point Pen Marks, Soy Sauce, Fruit Juice, Animal Blood, Urine, Iodine, Betadine, Suntan Lotion, Grease.
The upholstery used on the positional components has an antifungal and antimicrobial treatment which helps to prevent and contain cross-infection. This treatment is permanent and cannot be washed out. If you clean your product using the methods described the risk of cross-infection will be greatly reduced.
Metal and Plastic Components
1. Soap and water or antibacterial spray can be used for daily cleaning.
2. For deep cleaning a low pressure steam cleaner can be used.
3. Do not use solvents eg Cellulose Thinners to clean plastic or metal components.
4. Make sure the product is dry before use.