The Squiggles Seating System is an activity chair which has been designed for children with disabilities aged 1-5 for use at home or in the school environment. This seating system has a maximum user weight of 22kg (48.4lbs). The seating system is modular and can be used with a choice of indoor or outdoor chassis. The Squiggles Hi low and Easy chassis have been designed for indoor use but they can also be used outdoors on level surfaces. They should never be left exposed to the elements as this may corrode the metal components.
1. Always read instructions fully before use. A copy of these can be downloaded here.
2. Users should not be left unattended at any time whilst using Leckey equipment.
3. Only use Leckey approved components with your product. Never modify the product in any way. Failure to follow instructions may put the user or carer at risk and will invalidate the warranty on the product.
4. If in any doubt to the continued safe use of your Leckey product or if any parts should fail, please cease using the product and contact our customer services department or your local dealer as soon as possible.
5. Carry out all positional adjustments and ensure that they are securely fastened before you put the user into the product. Some adjustments may require the use of a tool which is provided with each product. Keep all tools out of reach of children.
6. When putting the user into a seating system, both for positional and safety reasons, always secure the pelvic harness first.
7. When the product is stationary ensure that all castors are locked and facing away from the base as this will improve product stability. This is especially important when the tilt in space or back recline facility is in use.
8. When the seat is in use on a Hi low chassis please ensure that the height adjustment pedal and tilt in space lever are locked off and cannot be adjusted accidentally by other children. When used on an Easy chassis please ensure that the height adjustment ratchet handle and the tilt in space lever are locked off and cannot be adjusted accidentally by other children.
9. When the Leckey Seating systems are used on the Hi low or Easy chassis we do not recommend that users are moved over uneven surfaces when in the equipment. All due care and attention should be taken if transporting the user in and out of the seat.
10. Never leave the product on a sloping surface, greater than 5 degrees. Always remember to lock all the castors.
11. Only use the push handle to steer and move the seat from one area to another. Never use the tray for this purpose.
12. The product contains components which could present a choking hazard to small children. Always check that locking knobs and bolts within the child’s reach are tightened and secure at all times.
13. Leckey products comply with fire safety regulations in accordance with EN12182. However the product contains plastic components and therefore should be kept away from all direct sources of heat including naked flames, cigarettes, electric and gas heaters.
14. Do not place hot objects on the tray greater than 40ºC.
15. Clean the product regularly. Do not use abrasive cleaners. Carry out maintenance checks on a regular basis to ensure your product is in good working condition.
16. The product is designed for indoor use and when not in use should be stored in a dry place that is not subjected to extremes of temperature. The safe operating temperature range of the product is +5 to +40 deg Celsius.
17. Always check the plastic hand knobs on the push handle are tightened securely before you move the seat unit.
18. Before using the seating system always check that the interface handle on the seat unit is fully engaged with the chassis. Make sure the locking pin in engaged so the handle cannot be accidentally released. If the handle is not engaged properly the seat unit may come loose and could cause serious injury to the child or carer.