The Squiggles Stander is a standing frame which has been designed for children with disabilities aged 1-5 for use at home or in the classroom. The standing support frame can be used on either the Pivot and Easel chassis or Mobile chassis. The Pivot and Easel chassis have been designed for indoor use on level surfaces. The Mobile chassis has been designed for indoor or outdoor use. The maximum user weight regardless of which chassis is used is 22kgs (48.4lbs).
1. Always read instructions fully before use.
2. Users should not be left unattended at any time whilst using Leckey equipment.
3. Only use Leckey approved components with your product. Never modify the product in any way. Failure to follow instructions may put the user or carer at risk and will invalidate the warranty on the product.
4. If in any doubt to the continued safe use of your product or if any parts should fail, please cease using the product and contact our customer services department or local dealer as soon as possible.
5. Carry out all positional adjustments and ensure that they are securely fastened before you put the user into this product. Some adjustments may require the use of a tool which is provided with each product. Keep all tools out of reach of children.
6. When putting the user into the stander both for positional and safety reasons, always secure the pelvic and chest support harnesses first.
7. When the product is stationary ensure that all castors are locked and facing away from the base as this will improve product stability. This is especially important when the support frame is in a reclined position.
8. When the product is in use please ensure that the angle adjustment lever on the Pivot chassis or the locking bolts on the Easel chassis and Mobile chassis are locked off and cannot be adjusted accidentally, especially if there are children in the area.
9. When the Leckey Squiggles Stander is used on the Pivot chassis we do not recommend that users are moved over uneven surfaces when in the equipment. When using easel chassis always remove the child from the stander before moving. All due care and attention should be taken if transporting the user in and out of the stander.
10. Never leave the product on a sloping surface, greater than 5 degrees. Always remember to lock all the castors.
11. Although the Pivot stander is fitted with castors this is not a mobility device. Always place the user in an upright position before moving the stander. Hold the back of the plastic chest support when moving the stander.
12. The product contains components which could present a choking hazard to small children. Always check that locking knobs and bolts within the child’s reach are tightened and secure at all times.
13. Leckey products comply with fire safety regulations in accordance with EN12182. However the product contains plastic components and therefore should be kept away from all direct sources of heat including naked flames, cigarettes, electric and gas heaters.
14. Do not place hot objects greater than 40ºC on the tray.
15. Clean the product regularly. Do not use abrasive cleaners. Carry out maintenance checks on a regular basis to ensure your product is in good working condition.
16 The product is designed for indoor use (unless used with the Mobile chassis) and when not in use should be stored in a dry place that is not subjected to extremes of temperature. The safe operating temperature range of the product is +5 to +40 deg Celsius.