Introducing Squiggles+ Stander
The NEW Leckey Squiggles+ Stander offers new, additional features to the extremely versatile three-in-one Squiggles Stander for children aged 1-5 years.
With new, added features
- Hip abduction of up to 60° in prone, upright and supine standing.
- Fully horizontal loading in supine.
- Height-adjustable, foldable push handle for ergonomic use.
- New wrap around knee supports to better accommodate all sizes, with added comfort & support.
- Individually adjustable footplates to accommodate leg length discrepancy.
- New, improved, pivot chassis.
Posture & Function
- Standing is very important. An upright posture allows gravity to assist the function of our internal systems. By standing, children bear their weight through their bones and joints, which helps shape them while increasing their strength.
- Evidence would suggest that standing has a beneficial effect on hip joint formation. Standing stretches tight muscles and provides an alternative position. Socially, standing is also important as it enables interaction with their peers at the same level.
- New features include: An activity tray with improved height and adjustability, a new height-adjustable push handle, which can be lowered for prone use, an improved pivot chassis, which facilitates horizontal loading, accommodates hip abduction, a new foot pedal to ease carer effort and a larger, more comfortable medial knee supports to distribute pressure, especially in abducted standing.
The Squiggles Stander Plus System
|Max User Weight||22kg/48.4lbs|
|User Height||Min 750mm / 29.5 inches Max 1110mm / 43.5 inches|
|Chest Support||Angle adjustment +/- 300 Depth adjustment 50mm / 2 inches|
|Chest Support Height (footplate to armpit)||Min 550mm / 21.5 inches Max 820mm / 32 inches|
|Chest Width (distance between laterals)||Min 160mm / 6.3 inches Max 230mm / 9 inches|
|Hip Support (height from footplate to mid buttocks)||Min 300mm / 11.8 inches Max 530mm / 20.8 inches|
|Distance between midline of knees||Min 140mm / 5.5 inches Max 215mm / 8.4 inches|
Plantarflexion 100 / Dorsiflexion 100
|Tray height – Prone (footplate to top of tray)||Min 555mm / 21.9 inches Max 800mm / 31.5 inches|
|Tray height – Supine (footplate to top of tray)||Min 480mm / 18.5 inches Max 800mm / 31.5 inches|
|Tray angle adjustment||Prone 30° / Supine 40°|
The standard product includes: Hip and chest support with sternum prompt; chest and hip lateral supports; knee supports; footplate; tray attachment and head support.
Find Out More» Where to buy
» PDF brochure
» Get email updates
The Buying Process
Some products require an assessment to ensure they are clinically suitable for the individual. For further information and pricing please complete the enquiry form, call us on UK 0800 318 265 or ROI 1800 626 020 or contact your nearest dealer.